Responsibilities RBS is seeking a Windows Systems Administrator. Applies knowledge of Windows servers and related … to): * Expert knowledge of Windows (2000, 2003, 2008) and Windows products/solutions (Directory Services, SMS) and…
Windows Systems Administrator – Requires Poly in Herndon, Virginia As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 … Veterans/Disabled Perform Windows and Linux System Administration Bachelors Degree in Computer Science…
Administratorto support a financial regulatory agency As a Windows Systems Administrator, you will be performing the … * Minimum 8 years of system administration experience in Windows Distributed environment * .NET 4.x, Windows Server…
Exchange 2007, 2010 Administration and Management â¢ Windows Server 2003, 2008 Administration and Management â¢ VMware … â¢ High skill with most operating system commands/utilities â¢ Fundamental understanding of an operating system;…
Come and learn with us! We are looking for a Jr System Administrator who wishes to grow in their career, to become … Qualifications Basic knowledge/experience on Windows System Administration Experience with Windows Server…
SAIC has an opening for a Windows System Administrator located in Washington, DC. SAICâs supports USCIS through the … The candidate shall specialize in Microsoft Windows Enterprise systems. Duties may include designing,…
After launching Cortana on Windows Phone 8.1, the Cortana Team took about 8 minutes to catch their breath, and then set to work making your digital assistant even better. For instance, did you know she can get stuff done in more apps nowâlike Facebook? Nelson over on the Windows Phone writing team put together a new page to highlight the fun and useful new features. Heâll be updating it from time to time as Cortana grows and evolvesâand weâll let you know when he does.
Job Description: Amyx is seeking a senior System Administrator for a position located in Washington, DC. The position … systems * Perform system administration and O&M for Windows Servers 2003/2008/2008R2, including patching and…
Job Description: Amyx is seeking a mid-level System Administrator for a position located in Fort Worth, Texas. The … systems * Perform system administration and O&M for Windows Servers 2003/2008/2008R2, including patching and…
The blog post was authored by Steve White, Senior Content Developer, Content Publication Team
One of the strengths of Cortana is its ability to understand and respond to voice commands. The Windows Runtime API enables you to integrate your app with Cortana and make use of Cortanaâs voice commands, speech recognition, and speech synthesis (text-to-speech, or TTS).
It is also possible to voice-enable your apps by implementing speech recognition and TTS capabilities.
We have just published a set of new sample apps that show you how to do these integrations. These two samples are for Windows Phone 8.1, and they complement the existing samples for Windows Phone Silverlight.
Letâs take a look at themâ¦
- Author and configure your Voice Command Definition (VCD) file.
- Handle your app being activated by a voice command.
- Determine whether the command that activated your app was actually spoken, or whether it was typed in as text. This is important so your app can deliver an in-kind response.
- Navigate to a page in your app based on parameters in a voice command.
- Use phrase topics to allow dictation to be part of a voice command and to further refine the relevance of speech recognition results.
- Use text-to-speech (TTS) to give audible feedback about the voice command.
- Programmatically redefine a phrase list.
This sample illustrates the use ofÂ speech recognition and text-to-speech (TTS) facilities within your app. This sample is presented in XAML/C#. Youâll learn how to do the following:
- Enable users to freely dictate a short message and speak web search keywords.
- Create a list constraint so that the words or phrases to listen for are defined by a list you supply.
- Use a SRGS grammar file constraint so that the words or phrases to listen for are defined by a grammar you supply.
- Recognize continuously using a SRGS grammar file constraint. Your user can speak phrases from the grammar continuously and then end the recognition session with a particular word or phrase.
- Choose an installed voice, and have it read back some text that your user enters into a text input box.
These tools offer a great way to bring more users into your app and to give them a richer, more powerful, and more natural experience. Try it out.
More Cortana and speech recognition resources
MSDN âHow toâ article on speech interactions in XAML apps: Responding to speech interactions (XAML)
MSDN âHow toâ article on speech interactions in HTML apps: Responding to speech interactions (HTML)
A One Dev Minute video on Channel 9: Integrating Cortana with your App
Session slides and video from the Cortana/speech session at //build/2014: Integrating Your App into the Windows Phone Speech Experience