availability zones. The successful Senior Windows Systems Administrator will be part of a team that is responsible for … instructions, troubleshooting guides, and system design â¢ Develop and maintain VM templates for Windows system…
located in Rockville, Maryland is currently seeking a Windows Systems Administrator. This is full-time position … refer to the website at www.sidonline.com *Office:* Silver Spring, MD *Position:* Windows Systems Administrator Team…
Strong performance across commercial and consumer segments delivers revenue of $23.20 billion.
REDMOND, Wash. â October 23, 2014 â Microsoft Corp. today announced revenue of $23.20 billion for the quarter ended September 30, 2014. Gross margin, operating income and diluted earnings per share (âEPSâ) for the quarter were $14.93 billion, $5.84 billion and $0.54 per share, respectively.
These financial results include $1.14 billion of integration and restructuring expenses, or an $0.11 per share negative impact, related to both Microsoftâs restructuring plan announced in July 2014 and the ongoing integration of the Nokia Devices and Services (âNDSâ) business.
The following table notes the impact of the integration and restructuring expenses on the companyâs financial performance (âNoted Itemsâ). This financial information is provided to aid investors in better understanding the companyâs performance. All growth comparisons relate to the corresponding period in the last fiscal year.
âWe are innovating faster, engaging more deeply across the industry, and putting our customers at the center of everything we do, all of which positions Microsoft for future growth,âÂ said Satya Nadella, chief executive officer of Microsoft. âOur teams are delivering on our core focus of reinventing productivity and creating platforms that empower every individual and organization.â
âWe delivered a strong start to the year, with continued cloud momentum and meaningful progress across our device businesses,â said Amy Hood, executive vice president and chief financial officer of Microsoft. âWe will continue to invest in high-growth opportunities and drive efficiencies across the organization to deliver long-term shareholder value.â
Devices and Consumer revenue grew 47% to $10.96 billion, with the following business highlights:
- Office 365 Home and Personal subscribers totaled more than 7 million, representing more than 25% sequential growth over the previous quarter.
- Surface Pro 3 momentum drove Surface revenue of $908 million.
- New Windows consumer licensing programs drove positive unit growth while OEM non-Pro revenue declined 1%.
- Total Xbox console sales were 2.4 million, growing 102%, and Xbox One launched in 28 new markets.
- Phone hardware revenue exceeded $2.6 billion with ongoing focus on execution discipline.
Commercial revenue grew 10% to $12.28 billion, with the following business highlights:
- Server products and services revenue increased 13%, with double-digit growth for SQL Server, System Center and Windows Server.
- Office Commercial products and services revenue grew 5% as customers transition to Office 365.
- Commercial cloud revenue grew 128% driven by Office 365, Azure and Dynamics CRM.
- Lync, SharePoint and Exchange, our productivity server offerings, collectively grew double-digits.
- Windows volume licensing revenue increased 10%.
âCustomers are embracing our latest technologies from Surface Pro 3 and Office 365 to Azure and SQL Server,â said Kevin Turner, chief operating officer of Microsoft. âThrough great execution by our sales teams and our partners, we have been able to deliver our truly differentiated value to the marketplace.â
Microsoft will provide forward-looking guidance in connection with this quarterly earnings announcement on its earnings conference call and webcast.
Satya Nadella, chief executive officer, Amy Hood, executive vice president and chief financial officer, Frank Brod, chief accounting officer, John Seethoff, deputy general counsel, and Chris Suh, general manager of Investor Relations, will host a conference call and webcast at 2:30 p.m. PDT (5:30 p.m. EDT) today to discuss details of the companyâs performance for the quarter and certain forward-looking information. The session may be accessed at http://www.microsoft.com/investor. The webcast will be available for replay through the close of business on October 23, 2015.
Noted Items Definition
Integration and restructuring expenses include employee severance expenses and costs associated with the consolidation of facilities and manufacturing operations, including asset write-downs and contract termination costs, resulting from Microsoftâs Â restructuring plan. Integration and restructuring expenses also include systems consolidation and other business integration expenses, as well as transaction fees and direct acquisition costs, associated with the acquisition of NDS.
Integration and restructuring expenses were $1.14 billion during the three months ended SeptemberÂ 30, 2014, due mainly to restructuring charges of $1.05 billion, including employee severance expenses and the write-down of certain assets in connection with the restructuring plan.
Founded in 1975, Microsoft (Nasdaq âMSFTâ) is the worldwide leader in software, services, devices and solutions that help people and businesses realize their full potential.
Statements in this release that are âforward-looking statementsâ are based on current expectations and assumptions that are subject to risks and uncertainties. Actual results could differ materially because of factors such as:
- intense competition in all of Microsoftâs markets;
- increasing focus on services presents execution and competitive risks;
- significant investments in new products and services that may not be profitable;
- acquisitions, joint ventures, and strategic alliances may have an adverse effect on our business;
- impairment of goodwill or amortizable intangible assets causing a significant charge to earnings;
- Microsoftâs continued ability to earn expected revenues from its intellectual property rights;
- claims that Microsoft has infringed the intellectual property rights of others;
- the possibility of unauthorized disclosure of significant portions of Microsoftâs source code;
- cyber-attacks and security vulnerabilities in Microsoft products that could reduce revenue or lead to liability;
- disclosure of personal data that could cause liability and harm to Microsoftâs reputation;
- outages, data losses, and disruptions of our online services if we fail to maintain an adequate operations infrastructure;
- government litigation and regulation that may limit how Microsoft designs and markets its products;
- potential liability under anti-corruption and trade protection laws resulting from our international operations;
- Microsoftâs ability to attract and retain talented employees;
- adverse results in legal disputes;
- unanticipated tax liabilities;
- our hardware and software products may experience quality or supply problems;
- exposure to increased economic and operational uncertainties from operating a global business;
- catastrophic events or geo-political conditions may disrupt our business; and
- adverse economic or market conditions may harm our business.
For more information about risks and uncertainties associated with Microsoftâs business, please refer to the âManagementâs Discussion and Analysis of Financial Condition and Results of Operationsâ and âRisk Factorsâ sections of Microsoftâs SEC filings, including, but not limited to, its annual report on Form 10-K and quarterly reports on Form 10-Q, copies of which may be obtained by contacting Microsoftâs Investor Relations department at (800) 285-7772 or at Microsoftâs Investor Relations website at http://www.microsoft.com/investor.
All information in this release is as of October 23, 2014. The company undertakes no duty to update any forward-looking statement to conform the statement to actual results or changes in the companyâs expectations.
For more information, financial analysts and investors only:
Chris Suh, general manager, Investor Relations, (425) 706-4400
Note to editors: For more information, news and perspectives from Microsoft, please visit the Microsoft News Center at http://news.microsoft.com/. Web links, telephone numbers, and titles were correct at time of publication, but may since have changed. Shareholder and financial information, as well as todayâs 2:30 p.m. PDT conference call with investors and analysts, is available at http://www.microsoft.com/investor.