Well gang, it’s officially August, and our wonderful teachers are setting up their classrooms, and parents and students are starting to fill backpacks and dorm rooms with supplies.
To help prepare for the school year ahead, today, we’re sharing new deals and programs from Microsoft and our partners to get you the best offers on the latest hardware – whether you want a new Surface Laptop, a powerful new Surface Pro, or the latest PC from Dell, HP, or Samsung – we’re here to help.
Back in May, we shared our vision for how technology can inspire creativity in the classroom with the announcement of a set of products and tools inspired by teachers and students, including: a new Windows experience called Windows 10 S – streamlined for simplicity, security, and superior performance – new collaboration experiences in Microsoft Teams, new features in Minecraft: Education Edition, and a range of affordable Windows 10 PCs built for students of all kinds. We also announced the newest members of the Surface family – Surface Laptop powered by Windows 10 S and the all new Surface Pro – both built with superior performance and power to help you better create and be more productive. With any of these devices, you can take advantage of Windows Ink to easily make notes directly on a web page in Microsoft Edge, bring your ideas to life with Paint 3D, keep track of your lists with OneNote – free in the Windows Store, and more.
We also offer Office 365 for Education – the most complete, intelligent, and secure service for teaching and learning – free for students, faculty, and staff. Office 365 for Education is the broadest and deepest toolkit for content creation, personalized learning, and modern classroom collaboration.
These new products, tools, and programs are designed to empower today’s students and teachers to create the world of tomorrow – we cannot wait to see what you will do!
Just in time for school, we’re announcing a new way to buy the latest Surface device
With Surface Plus students can take home one of our best in class Surface devices like Surface Laptop, Surface Pro, Surface Book, or Surface Studio – all for a low monthly payment and 0% interest. Surface Plus also offers customers the opportunity to upgrade their device after 18 months for no additional cost, access exclusive deals and get the best in service and support. Available exclusively at Microsoft Store and Microsoft.com, take advantage of Surface Plus and experience the power of Surface. To learn more about this program, head over to our Devices Blog to get all the details, or come into a Microsoft Store and let us help find the right Surface for you with a device fitting.
Introducing Back to School LIVE
The education team introduced Back to School LIVE, a new series designed to help teachers get ready for the new school year with online workshops, tweetmeets, and tips on exciting new products like Microsoft Teams and Minecraft: Education Edition. The series will kick off with a global #MSFTEduChat TweetMeet on August 15 at both 10 a.m. PT and 4 p.m. PT. Then, on August 16, we will host a “Back to School LIVE” to help you get started in some of our newest tools for the classroom. To learn more about Back to School LIVE, visit the Microsoft Education Blog.
We’ve also rounded up some of the top Windows 10 PC deals to pack your bags with:
- Starting at $329, the Acer Swift 1 is great for students
- Save up to $125 on select ASUS Q Series Notebooks and desktops
- Save up to $250 on Dell Inspiron 15 7000 Gaming Laptops (US)
- Fujitsu offers over 20 devices with various solutions and services around the world for education: Check out their website for more information about these devices.
- Save up to $150 on select HP notebooks and desktops: including HP Pavilion, Pavilion Power, OMEN and ENVY, now through August 31 with coupon and code ‘150BTSDEAL’
- Get a Lenovo N23 ($249 USD) and N24 ($279 USD) with Windows 10 S, available worldwide just in time for heading back to the classroom.
- Get $200 off the Samsung Notebook 7 2-in-1 PC the weeks of 7/30-8/5 and 8/13-8/19 in addition to the $125 Back-to-School deal promotion for students.
- Get at least $150 off any featured Toshiba laptop computer purchased through toshiba.com until August 31. Restrictions may apply.
- Save up to $150 on Surface Pro 4: These well-crafted, beautiful devices empower the creator in all of us. Surface Pro 4, a device that offers the balance of portability and performance of a laptop when you’re on the go, perfect for anyone taking a device to class.
- Save $200 on HTC Vive with the purchase of select VR-Ready PCs: The HTC Vive allows true-to-life immersion in the virtual world thanks to a high-resolution headset display, stunning graphics, two wireless controllers with haptic feedback and room-scale motion tracking. Want to test it before you buy? You can try HTC Vive for yourself at select Microsoft Store locations.
- Get 20 percent off on Hyper X Headphones with Xbox One console or PC purchase: A feast for ears, sharpen your competitive edge with Hyper X Headphones and hear every detail of your favorite game without sacrificing comfort. Find something to celebrate the accomplishments for anyone on your list at your local Microsoft Store and Microsoft.com.
Students can also take advantage of some great deals available at Best Buy and BestBuy.com/studentdeals:
- Save an extra $100 on select Laptops (Windows 10 laptops)
- Save an extra $125 on select Desktop & All-In-One Computers (Windows 10 Desktops & All-In-One Computers)
- Save up to $125 on select ASUS Q series Notebooks, Gaming Notebooks, and desktops
- Save $130 on Samsung Galaxy Book through Sept 2
- Save 10% on new Surface Devices (Surface Laptop & Surface Pro)
- Save $40 on Microsoft Office with qualifying purchase
Visit BestBuy.com/studentdeals to sign up to receive exclusive coupons you can redeem in-store and online for these deals and more.
We hope you take advantage of some of these great deals and are wishing all the students out there a fantastic school year in 2017/8. To ALL our teachers – we are grateful and know that technology is only a small part of the incredible work you do to inspire the next generation of creators. Here’s to you!